How To Think Strategically as a Buyer in Today’s MarketThe game of chess can provide incredible lessons to apply to all aspects of life, including the homebuying process. Chess requires you to
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR PROSPECTIVE MORTGAGE LENDER
Dated: March 26 2021
Products, loan terms, and rates can be different from one mortgage company to another.
Here are a few questions you should ask:
- What are your most popular mortgages? And why?
- Are your rates, terms, fees, and closing costs negotiable?
- Do you offer discounts for inspections, homeownership classes, or automatic payment set-up?
- Will I need a private mortgage insurance (PMI) for my conventional loan? How much is it and how long will it be required?
- What are your escrow requirements?
- What is included in my mortgage payment (homeowners insurance, property taxes, etc)?
- Based on my finances, what mortgage do you recommend?
- Who will service the loan -- your bank or another company?
- How long is the lock-in period on this rate? If a lower rate hits the market, will I be able to obtain it during my loan process?
- How long or how quickly can I get my loan approved?
- How long will it take to close the loan?
- Are there any charges or penalties for prepaying this loan?
- How much will I be paying total over the life of this loan?
From here, you should have a better idea as to who you should move forward with.
Good luck! And if you need any additional help, I'm here to assist you.
Jennifer is perseverant, honest, and possesses solid interpersonal skills to bring the best service for her clients. She makes sure to strike the “right balance" by empowering her clients with infor....
Latest Blog Posts
Homebuyers today are facing a huge dilemma. There simply aren’t enough homes for sale.1 Nationwide, there were 1.27 million active listings in September, down 13% from the previous year.